Dear Member Clubs,
Further to the email earlier today, the forecast this evening is very different from this morning when a decision was made to call off all matches at the weekend for safety reasons.
Saturday continues to remain, in the Committees opinion too cold for small children to play and Saturday fixtures will remain postponed.
Sunday is currently forecasting the temperature to increase slightly with rain. Whilst grass pitches will probably still be unplayable, it is possible that the rain will wash the snow away from the 3G pitches. If a playable pitch is available, and it is safe to play and travel and both teams are in agreement to play the League will be happy for this to go ahead. If one team is not prepared to play they will not be penalised.
Please continue to monitor the situation and liaise with your opposition manager and referee (who have been stood down) however, they may still be available.
Fixtures secretaries should still be informed as early as possible if matches aren’t going ahead so they can move fixtures.
General Secretary (Acting)
Mid Herts Rural Minors League